GPS: N 45° 33′ 00.0″; E 025° 15′ 18.0″
The phone number from Curmatura hut is +40.745.454184. For any type of informations about the hut, accommodation, meals, please feel free to call Reta. This is the only way to have the right informations about the hut!
The guardians from the hut are Reta and Vasile.
– for any emergencies on the mountains please dial 112, free from any phone network. You will be connected with The Unique National System for Emergency, and they can put you in contact with the rescue teams from the mountains.
– water source is outside of the hut, toilet is outside of the hut
– on winter time the rooms are heated with wood, but we advice you to have a sleeping bag. On summer time the rooms are not heated.
– nearest train station is in Zarnesti town.
– Curmatura hut is situated on Piatra Craiului national park, and are not any garbage dump at the hut, so you have to carry out from the mountain your personal garbage.
– generally speaking you will find water very hard in Piatra Craiului mountains, and is not any water on the main ridge of this mountains. A source of water is situated near Curmatura hut, so be sure that you have enough water when you leave from the hut. We strongly advice you to use purifying pills for the water you collect from natural sources.